Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Such as a Blob for U.S. Americans...

I think it was Langston Hughes who once said,


Give me a chance...

A chance to dance.

To find a space...

To call my place.

Typing 'til dawn...

When my brain has gone.

All I ask is a blog...

Where I'll find peace in the fog.



Now maybe Hughes didn't exactly have Jon & Mary in the Morning in mind when he penned that epic, and/or maybe I just made it up. All the same, here we are! Our first blog entry! Tell the 20th century we've moved on! All of Dick Clark's balls have finally dropped and it's time to face the future!

[ed. note--the initial draft of this 'Blog Debut' is being written by Jon, the male half of Jon & Mary in the Morning and the one who uses way too many exclamation points. Mary would have been here but she's still under the impression that we're writing a 'Blob' and was offended by the misinterpreted commentary on her womanly physique.]

As we move forward, let's pledge to keep it real, keep it fresh and keep it clean. Remember, without YOU, we're just sitting here talking to ourselves...and we do enough of that every weekday morning. So check back often and feedback at your leisure. (Just please try to say it, don't spray it. We're not responsible for computer damage.)

Courtesy of Jon & Mary in the Morning, we leave you with this Thanksgiving appetizer:


No comments: